What Is Included In A Car Service And Why It Is Important?
During the development of a new vehicle, engineers work on several aspects of the vehicle. The sub-systems and parts are tested to estimate the life-time of a part under working conditions. According to the tests performed, the life-time of parts is calculated. This list also includes the services that need to be done on the car to keep it running smoothly without any major issues. Due to the wear and tear of mechanical parts during running of the vehicle, car servicing has to be done at regular time intervals.
It is one of the most critical tasks that ensure your car is safe and reliable to ride. Regular car service and maintenance delivers the highest levels of performance and also increases the longevity. The vehicle manufacturer would have specified a series of procedures to be performed on regular time intervals. This needs to be followed as it helps in preventing major damages to vehicle sub-systems.
Regular maintenance tasks include:
- Engine oil change
- Oil filter, air filter and fuel filter replacement
- Engine tuning
- Spark plug replacement
- Check levels of brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid and Transmission Fluid and refill if necessary
- Inspection of Brake Pads, Discs/Drums, and replace if worn out
- Lubrication of components that are subject to mechanical wear and tear
- Inspection of timing belt
- Check condition of the tires
- Check wheel alignment
- Check for any Error codes in the ECU and take appropriate measures
- Battery check
Car servicing has many benefits which include:
- Increasing the performance of the car
- Improvement of fuel economy
- Ensures safety
For further tips on servicing, visit The Money Advice Service by clicking here.
Routine servicing helps in prevention of problems and avoids repairs. One of the most important points is that a properly maintained car has a higher resale value.
To book an appointment to have a mobile mechanic complete a van or car service at your location and convenience, contact your local Geek Mechanic.